ETA Corpus Lead Staff
For: Open to ALL players born in 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001/00 (Boys & Girls)
Time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Make Up Dates (if needed): May 6th, May 13th
ETA Director: Stuart Hilton - Sting Technical Director
Lead Coach: Gabe Fernandez
*ALL SESSIONS TO BE HELD AT THE BILL WITT SOCCER COMPLEX*
Sting Soccer Club proudly presents the “Emerging Talent Academy” (ETA). Sting's Emerging Talent Academy is a supplementary program that serves to provide female players with player-centered training to accelerate development in several areas. Developed by our ETA committee, the program is an extension to the Sting Soccer Club curriculum. Players’ are further challenged to develop the technical and tactical expertise to succeed at the highest levels of play. The Spring Cycle will serve all competitive level female soccer players aged U11-U19
ALL Sting Players are eligible to sign up: U11-U19
Technique is the foundation of all elite level players and subsequently is the primary focus throughout the 12-session curriculum. Periodically, alternative activities may be provided such as classroom sessions, gym sessions or visits to live soccer games locally. Utilization of research in sports psychology, nutrition, fitness & physical enhancement, sports science and match analysis will drive development in an holistic fashion to better prepare players for the demands of the game at the highest levels of play.
The ETA is an elite environment that strives to prepare players for the demands of select soccer. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory and an adherence to a strict code of conduct absolutely necessary. Parents are exempt from observing from close proximity during field sessions. Failure to comply will result in immediate exclusion from the program.
What is the Emerging Talent Academy (ETA)?
The Emerging Talent Academy for Corpus Christi Sting is a supplemental training program to further enhance awareness and ability in several areas. All competitive aged (U11-U19) players are invited to sign up - It is open to all! Developed by our ETA committee, the program is an extension of the Sting Soccer Club curriculum. The program is inclusive of 12 training sessions at a cost of $240. Sessions are predominately held at Sting’s Bill Witt Complex in Corpus Christi (pending weather / availability.) A detailed schedule for the upcoming / current cycle is outlined above.
Who is it for?
All competitive aged (U11-U19) female players are invited to sign up - It is open to all! No invitation is necessary.
What does the program focus on / include?
Players’ are further challenged to develop the technical and tactical expertise necessary for a successful transition into the higher levels of play. Repetition and teaching is highly weighted in favor of technical development. Our highly trained staff work to promote excellence with individual ball mastery, dribbling, running with the ball, turning and 1v1 attack/defense. The curriculum works on 4-session cycles with a focus on an individual technique in each cycle.
Who will coach my daughter?
The program will be staffed by Coach Gabe Fernandez under the direction of Sting Technical Director Stuart Hilton.
What are the benefits of being involved?
Aside from the obvious benefits such as improvements in playing ability through expert teaching and added repetition, other benefits include:
- Player Identification: Coaching staff are able to better engage in player identification for potential selection to higher level programs such as ID2, ECNL etc.
- College Preparation: Players are able to demonstrate a higher level of commitment to their personal soccer development through engagement in the program. Plus, reap the benefits of greater technical ability that is a MUST in the collegiate game.
- Club Philosophy: Players are further taught foundational techniques, terminology and principles of play that align with the clubs vision and philosophy. Transition to the higher levels of play within the organization becomes much more ‘fluid’ - further enhancing the ability for success / impact.
- Individual Development: The ETA program does not cater to team preparation or team tactics. It's strictly designed to enhance individual player development primarily on a technical level. Achieved through maximum high intensity repetition with the ball and expert feedback throughout each and every session
- Weekly Email Update: Participants will receive a weekly update related to the session focus, major coaching points and activities utilized to facilitate further reflection, learning and inspire further practice at home.
What is the Emerging Talent Academy (ETA) Schedule?