CORPUS CHRISTI ETA PROGRAM
Spring 2020 Schedule:
February 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
March 6th, 20th, 27th
April 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
All sessions at Bill Witt Soccer Complex, Corpus Christi
Led by Coach Ignacio Dicun
CORPUS CHRISTI ETA PROGRAM
Sting Soccer Club proudly presents the “Emerging Talent Academy” (ETA). Sting's Emerging Talent Academy is a supplementary program that serves to provide female players with player-centered training to accelerate development in several areas. Developed by our ETA committee, the program is an extension to the Sting Soccer Club curriculum. Players’ are further challenged to develop the technical and tactical expertise to succeed at the highest levels of play. This Cycle will serve all competitive level female soccer players aged U11-U19 from within or outside the Sting organization.
ALL Female Players are eligible to sign up: U11-U19
Technique is the foundation of all elite level players and subsequently is the primary focus throughout the 12-session curriculum. Periodically, alternative activities may be provided such as classroom sessions, gym sessions or visits to live soccer games locally. Utilization of research in sports psychology, nutrition, fitness & physical enhancement, sports science and match analysis will drive development in an holistic fashion to better prepare players for the demands of the game at the highest levels of play.
The ETA is an elite environment that strives to prepare players for the demands of select soccer. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory and an adherence to a strict code of conduct absolutely necessary. Parents are exempt from observing from close proximity during field sessions. Failure to comply will result in immediate exclusion from the program.
ETA CONTACT INFORMATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Emerging Talent Academy (ETA)?
The Emerging Talent Academy for Corpus Christi Sting is a supplemental training program to further enhance awareness and ability in several areas. All competitive aged (U11-U19) players are invited to sign up - It is open to all! Developed by our ETA committee, the program is an extension of the Sting Soccer Club curriculum. The program is inclusive of 12 training sessions at a cost of $240. Sessions are predominately held at Sting’s Bill Witt Complex in Corpus Christi (pending weather / availability.) A detailed schedule for the upcoming / current cycle is outlined above.
Who is it for?
All competitive aged (U11-U19) female players are invited to sign up - It is open to all! No invitation is necessary.
What does the program focus on / include?
Players’ are further challenged to develop the technical and tactical expertise necessary for a successful transition into the higher levels of play. Repetition and teaching is highly weighted in favor of technical development. Our highly trained staff work to promote excellence with individual ball mastery, dribbling, running with the ball, turning and 1v1 attack/defense. The curriculum works on 4-session cycles with a focus on an individual technique in each cycle.
Who will coach my daughter?
The program will be staffed by Coach Ignacio Dicun under the direction of Sting Technical Director Stuart Hilton.
What are the benefits of being involved?
Aside from the obvious benefits such as improvements in playing ability through expert teaching and added repetition, other benefits include:
- Player Identification: Coaching staff are able to better engage in player identification for potential selection to ECNL and National Team Programs / Pathways in future years
- Club Culture: Players are able to engage with various staff members and players from other teams within the Sting organization. An opportunity for players to take advantage of a vast knowledge and experience amongst the training staff. Whilst also, engaging with other players who may in the long term become a teammate and friend!
- Club Philosophy: Players are further taught foundational techniques, terminology and principles of play that align with the clubs vision and philosophy. Transition to the higher levels of play within the organization becomes much more ‘fluid’ - further enhancing the ability for success / impact.
- Accelerated Individual Development: ETA has zero focus on team preparation for weekend games or team tactics. The program focuses only on individual technical development through maximum meaningful repetition throughout each and every session.
- Individual Development: The ETA program does not cater to team preparation or team tactics. It's strictly designed to enhance individual player development primarily on a technical level. Achieved through maximum high intensity repetition with the ball and expert feedback throughout each and every session
- Weekly Email Update: Participants will receive a weekly update related to the session focus, major coaching points and activities utilized to facilitate further reflection, learning and inspire further practice at home.
What is the Emerging Talent Academy (ETA) Schedule?
Spring Program (12 Session Program Feb - May)
Fall Program (12 Session Program Sept - Dec)
ETA Camps Periodically throughout the Year